My friend Evelyn from Become a Healthier You tagged me in one of her recent posts.
I am responding to her tag to share 11 things about myself (tried to keep most of them interesting) as well as answers her 11 questions to me. Then I will ask 11 new questions of my bloggy friends that I’ll tag at the end of this post. I hope you’ll join in on the fun.
I meant to post this yesterday but got caught up with my son at a special event. Anyway, without further ado…
11 Things About Me
- I’m a Christian and I attend
- I’m married with 3 children (only 1 is actually a child now. The oldest is 24)
- I love summer and can’t stand winter
- I work full time out of the home two hours away and run a business part time from home.
- I come from a small family. I have no aunts or uncles
- I danced tap, jazz and modern for over 15 years
- I got married when I was 18 years old (suffice it to say I’m no longer married to that man)
- I’ve never broken a bone
- I am a recovering chocoholic…no for real
- I once dyed my hair with Kool-Aid
- I can no longer bend my 2 big toes after double bunion surgery (I know. Interesting right?)
My Answers to the 11 Questions Asked by Evelyn
- What is your favorite fruit? Watermelon
- What is your favorite vegetable? It’s a toss up between spinach and broccoli
- What is one thing you like about blogging? I get to share my thoughts and ideas, and experience on a variety of topics.
- What is your favorite social networking site (Twitter or Facebook)? Facebook.
- Why is that social networking site your favorite? I feel like I connect better there. Twitter I like but sometimes forget to update and it can be challenging reaching people there.
- How often do your exercise? I’m proud to now say 6 days a week, alternating cardio with muscle and strength training.
- What’s your favorite TV show? I don’t have a favorite really but I have those I watch regularly: Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, House of Payne, Switched at Birth (yes I do watch ABC family), Army Wives (can’t wait for this to return) and Drop Dead Diva (another I’m waiting to return)
- What book have your read, that left a lasting impression on you? The Bible. That’s a given but I recently read this book called Farther Then I Meant to Go, Longer than I Meant to Stay. A powerful story about how bad decisions are based on not truly following Christ. In this case, it was a romantic choice gone bad. I won’t say another word. You gotta read this book!
- What is your all time favorite song? I don’t have one but my favorite genre is gospel.
- Which animals do you prefer the most (cats or dogs)? Dogs but I have a cat since they keep mice away.
- What’s your favorite exercise? Jogging on the elliptical machine. Definitely not for its effectiveness, I just like to do it.
11 Questions for My Tagees
- Where did you grow up?
- What was your favorite subject i school? (Nope. Gym doesn’t count)
- Do you have an emergency savings fund?
- What’s your favorite way to spend free time?
- MTV or BET?
- Do you live in a house or an apartment?
- What’s your favorite snack?
- Potatoes or rice?
- What’s your favorite type of shoe? (flat, wedge, spike, walking, etc.)
- Whose your favorite actress or female actor?
- Favorite male actor?
- Post these rules on your blog
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people but if you don’t know 11 bloggers, tag as many as you can.
Tag You’re It:
Miss Dre of …So She Writes
Kiki of Rockin’ It Naptural
JenJen of Going Natural
Tamaki of Bubbling With Elegance and Grace
Shari of Rain Into Rainbows
Mia of Rock Me Fabulous
Chanel of Style Spotlighted
Rece of A Hair Story
Cathy of Minister of Style
Etoile of The Curvealicious Chronicles
Alison of Embrace The Struggle
Come on. Let’s play!