Problems with oily skin are not confined to the warmer months. You can have problems dealing with too much oil production in your skin all year round.
If you’re having trouble figuring out when your skin is producing too much oil, here are some signs:
- Shortly after you’ve cleansed your skin, it’s shiny and reflecting everything it comes face to face with.
- You wipe your face and it’s so greasy you can lubricate a good part of your body with the extra oil.
- You’re experiencing more acne outbreaks than usual.
- You notice your pores are getting larger.
- Your makeup tends to come off easily, even after being “set.”
If you’re using facial cleansers and moisturizers for “all skin types” consider changing that. It’s nearly impossible for a product to be a one size fits all. Oily skin has different needs than dry skin. For example, products for oily skin should be water based vs. oil based in order to reduce oil on the face.
If you’ve tried everything and don’t know what to do for oily skin here’s a facial system that can help: The Skin Clarifying Face System. The cleanser, toner and moisturizer all work together to balance the oil production in your skin.