When you have a goal to grow your hair to the longest length possible, one of the things you can do to accomplish your goal is protective styling.
Protective styling can be boring so learning to create intricate looking yet simple to create styles is a must to keep you going with your protective hairstyling.
In the video below, I do what is my very first hairstyle tutorial: The Elegant Pin Curled Up-do Bun
Normally, I just create a slideshow of hairstyles that include buns, curls up-dos and other protective styles for long or medium length hair. However, I’ve received inquiries as to how I do some of my styles so tutorials it is.
The items I used to create this look as mentioned in the video are:
- Shea Moisture Organic Coconut and Hibiscus Hold and Shine Moisture Mist (optional)
Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel (but preferably Aloe Vera Gel)
Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
Goody Two in One Brush
Goody Double Coated Bobby Pins
Key take aways:
- No comb is used through the hair to prevent ripping.
- A butter based moisturizer can be used to cut down on the crunch created by gel
- It’s much more gentle on fine strands to finger detangle.
- Goody double coated open ended bobby pins are the best. Don’t skimp on these.