I just love double buns. Earlier in the series, I did a horizontal figure 8 bun that looks a lot like a double bun.
Today, I’m recreating a traditional double bun but I’m leaving it with loose, exposed ends for a slightly messier look:
- Satin scrunchy
- Bobby pins
- Spray bottle with a mixture of water and conditioner
- Aloe vera gel
I did this style on dry, somewhat dirty hair. To help make the hair more manageable I
- Spritzed hair with water/conditioner mix
- Smoothed edges with aloe gel
- Secured hair into a ponytail with satin scrunchy
- Created double bun using bobby pins. In order to achieve a fuller bun, I sectioned the ponytail into two and criss crossed vs. wrapping in a chignon first.
- Pinned each section to create the bun.
In case you’ve missed some of the previous buns in the series, here they are: