OK y’all so it was really more like 90 minutes. I was the last appointment of the day and the aesthetician gave me the royal treatment The appointment was for 70 minutes but we got to talk a bit about skin care and skin health for a bit (more on that later).
I had been to 3 aestheticians in the past and none were this thorough in treating my skin while also explaining the products and procedures step by step. Maybe it had to do with the fact that they were all spa aestheticians and the lady I saw Tuesday is a medical aesthetician. Either way, her services could not be matched. Now I know why Dr. Buka hired her.
The Deep Cleansing Custom Facial
The dermatological offices of Dr. Buka have spa services available including facial peels, laser treatments and hair removal but I just needed a good evaluation and some tender loving facial care.
In addition to the spa services, facial services were available including:
- Urban Booster – for skin requiring frequent updated care including signature peels,
- Back Facial – A special treatment on your back that cleanse, exfoliates, tones and massages your back and,
- Deep Cleansing Custom Facial – A medical grade facial designed to improve skin clarity and removed damaged skin cells.
I received the complete deep cleansing facial. Here’s the play by play from start to finish:
- Given a headband to protect the edges of my hair (total bonus points for thinking of the hair)
- Skin was prepped with steaming to open the pores.
- A hot face towel was applied
- Followed by a thorough cleansing with a gentle cleanser in a massaging, circular fashion
- Exfoliation with a gentle facial scrub
- A complete series of extractions! (That’s right. She dug deep and got all of the gunky blackheads and such out.)
- Application of an oatmeal facial mask with all other sorts of good natural lovin’ in it
- Application of another mask containing camphor oil to nourish the pores and calm the skin
- Application of a facial serum to boost skin cell turn around
- Moisturizing of the full face with a 5 in 1 moisturizer
- Pampering of the eye area with an under eye cream
After the cleansing and in between the facial masks and application of the moisturizer, I felt so teased! Amy Jo spritzed my face several times with the most lovely toner. Unfortunately, it was unavailable for purchase but I plan to get the recipe and share a DIY recipe so stay tuned for that!
This was the most luxurious and relaxing facial I have ever had. I may have even missed listing a thing or two in my step by step replay but here’s the best part….
All products were paraben and colorant free. Some of the products were even 100% natural. The lines she used on my skin were:
- First Aid Beauty
- Dr. D. Schwabb
The deep cleansing facial ended with another relaxing treatment – a moisturizing hand massage!
I could have fallen asleep right afterwards but sadly I had to return to the office
Trust though. After a treatment like this, I’ll be seeing Miss Amy Jo on a bi-monthly basis. The office is within walking distance from my job so that makes it easier.
After the facial, I had an opportunity to tap Miss Super Cool & Knowledgeable Amy Jo Parker on some her top tips for developing and maintaining beautiful, healthy and radiant skin. When you encounter a woman with skin as clear as hers who can pamper you and answer all of your questions, you perk up and pay attention.
I’ll share my new asthetician’s tips with you in a post next week. I think you have enough to feast on for today. So, stay tuned because you don’t want to miss these tips
In the meantime, if you’re in the New York City area or coming for a visit, it’s beyond worth it to SEE Amy Jo. You will not be disappointed. She’ll help you work out all of your skin woes.
By the way, she does Dr. Buka’s facials too!
Dr. Bobby Buka
Amy Jo Parker, Medical Aesthetician
22o Front Street
New York, NY 10038