Oatmeal is good for the body. It helps to keep you satiated when eaten as part of a healthy breakfast. It also helps lower bad cholesterol levels. Oatmeal has even been found to help speed up your metabolism.
Besides eating oatmeal to receive the beneficial nutrients from it, you can reap other benefits from oatmeal when incorporating it into your skin care. Oatmeal offers a number of benefits for your skin.
Her are some ways you can use oatmeal for skin care:
- As part of a homemade face mask
- To exfoliate with (You can make your own body scrub!)
- As a home remedy for soothing itchy skin
- To help dry skin retain moisture
- To help open pores
- For soaking tired, achy muscles
An Easy Oatmeal Face Mask
If you want to incorporate using natural foods in your skin care regimen, oatmeal is very popular. It’s also very easy to use. One of the easiest ways is to use oatmeal soap to exfoliate your body and cleanse your skin.
Another great way to add oatmeal to your skin care is to make a homemade oatmeal face mask. Here’s a simple oatmeal face mask recipe:
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground oatmeal
- A teaspoon of live, unflavored, organic yogurt
- A teaspoon of warm organic honey
- Mix the oatmeal and yogurt thoroughly together and then add the warm honey.
- Apply to your skin and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
Do you use oatmeal in your skin care? If not, do you think you’ll try this oatmeal mask recipe?