How are you doing with out 31 Days of Pampering? I got ideas up the wazoo so keep coming back and umm don’t forget to comment. Today’s self pampering tip is to leap over to land of ayurveda.
Ayurvedic hair and skin care is all the rave in the natural community. For me it’s…
Henna baby! Yes, I love the henna experience. You must commit time to do it but pampering yourself with this ayurvedic hair treatment won’t disappoint. You’ll not only be left with softer, stronger hair. You’ll be taking more than a few hours to treat yourself to an exotic herb that will awaken your senses. Ok, some say it stinks. I think it smells like creamed spinach but it’s still a great experience LOL.
Some things to take note of before trying henna:
- Consider doing a strand test on hair harvested from your hairbrush before doing a full application. The lighter your hair, the redder the stain.
- If you are still unsure about staining your hair with henna, consider a henna gloss.
- Only use BAQ (body art quality) henna. Many naturals get them from their local Indian grocers. I get mine from mehandi.com
- When applying the mixture, be careful not to overmanipulate the hair. Do Not Comb
- After thoroughly rinsing out henna, apply a non-protein moisturizing deep conditioner with heat for 30 minutes.
- More on henna and how to do it yourself here.
There are other ayurvedic treatments you can try to pamper yourself. I just happent to like applying herbs like henna and zizyphus to my hair and making a day of it.
Some Ayurvedic Body treatments To Try:
- Ayurvedic hair cleansing (ie. shampoo bars)
- Herbal body wraps
- Detoxifying body massage
- Herbal facials
I am no expert on these treatments and I’m sure there are others. You can read up on ayurveda by surfing the web. I did a little of the work for you. Check out these websites:
- How to do an Ayurvedic Spa Treatment In Your Home: http://www.mapi.com/ayurveda_health_care/newsletters/ayurvedic_spa_treatment.html
- Do It Yourself Ayurvedic Herbal Facials: http://www.dhanvantarihospital.com/Herbal%20Facials.html
- An Overview of Ayurveda Therapy: http://www.ayurveda-therapy.com/treatments.htm
Have you tried any of these ayurvedic treatments? Do share!