Aging is a part of life. Everyone knows that. If that’s true, why do women expect their skin to be just as smooth and clear as it was when they were 16? OK maybe not all women but there are women in their 30′s who can’t understand why their skin isn’t as smooth and clear as they’d like it to be – reminiscing on their younger years.
I confess. I’ve looked at my daughter (pictured above) and wondered how on earth she does it. She eats crap most of the time and doesn’t do what I tell her to when it comes to caring for her skin.
Then it dawned on me. She’s going to pay the piper as the years roll by if she doesn’t make some changes. These changes are the basis of what I’m about to share.
While you can never look as youthful as you did 20/30 years prior, you can restore your skin to a youthful glow. It’s completely possible with the steps I’m about to share with you.
1) It starts and ends with what you feed your body. Water and food. You can not eat processed foods & drinks and expect to have clear, smooth skin. You must drink water (preferably filtered). Lots of it. You must also eat food in its natural state as much as possible. I’d go as far as saying 95% of the time. There’s not much room in your diet for crap food when you are trying to rewind the signs of time or extract toxins from your system that cause skin problems.
2) Make moderate intensity exercise a habit at least 5 days a week. When you sweat, you help your body along in releasing toxins through your skin. Exercise also helps to increase the blood flow in your skin which leads it to getting the oxygen it needs to restore its vitality.
3) Develop a daily skin care regimen for your skin type. In order to restore your skin to a youthful glow, it’s important to find the right skin care products to care for your particular skin type. If you have dry skin, it would be counter productive to use products for oily skin.
4) Ingredients, Ingredients, Ingredients. While you may find skin care products that are suitable for your skin type, it’s just as important to know the ingredients that formulate those products. Just like you wouldn’t pump your body full of chemicals via food, you don’t want to apply chemicals to the outside of your body which eventually get absorbed to the inside of your body. That’s why you’ll want to avoid skin care products filled with synthetic or harsh ingredients like sulfates, parabens and artificial fragrances.
5) Always wear sunscreen. It doesn’t matter if the sun is shining or not. When you go outdoors, you should always protect your skin from UV rays which are in constantly in the atmosphere. Allowing your skin to be exposed to the sun’s damaging rays for any length of time will accelerate your skin’s aging process. It will also increase your risks for skin cancer.
These 5 simple steps if followed religiously will restore your skin to a youthful glow. It will take time. Especially if you’ve been neglecting or abusing your skin for years. But stay consistent with this process and you will rewind the some of the signs of neglect, abuse and aging.