Today, I share why you should NOT try oil cleansing. So let’s jump right in.
Check out the reasons for why you shouldn’t bother with oil cleansing:
- While there are some who swear by the oil cleansing method, there are just as many who started this skin care method and figured out after long that it caused their skin to be worst than when started. Whiteheads were the result for many and some ladies found that they had more acne breakouts than what they started with.
- While some have found some success with the oil cleansing method, it took trial after trial to find the “right” (and it’s still trial and error) combination and types of oil. Why go through all of this when there are plenty of all natural or mostly natural oily skin products that WORK well at absorbing the excess oils that cause acne?
- If you don’t do the oil cleansing method correctly (and remember it’s trial and error), you can cause a case of adult acne to develop – especially if you have sensitive skin
- Notice in the last post, it talks about using a washcloth on your face. WHAT? Washcloths carry so many germs. You should never use washcloths on your face. AND your face should be allowed to air dry after cleansing.
- While natural oils are used to “absorb” excess oils, what about cleansing dirt and debris from your skin? You can’t possibly clean your skin with oil. You need to WASH it with a cleanser for your skin type.
- This method is very time consuming and not guaranteed.
- Lastly, many estheticians don’t recommend this method for good reason. The constituency of natural oils is very thick and CAN clog pores causing milia (small, kind of hard and white pimples). Natural oils in skin care products have been emulsified to make them a lighter texture for all skin types.
Now of course you are free to do WHATEVER you like but hopefully you will see why you should not choose to try or continue using the oil cleansing method.