My buddy Alison over at Embrace the Struggle celebrated her 1 year Blogiversary a couple months ago with a give away of Shea Radiance’s Spa Sampler set. Guess who won?
Anyway, I’ve had the opportunity to finally try the Shea Radiance products which included:
- Shea Radiance Kalahari Melon Whipped Shea Butter – can be used on the entire body, including the hair
- Shea Radiance Ivory Palm Seed Sugar Scrub
- Shea Radiance Shea & Baobab Antioxidant Cream – can be used on the face or body
Even though these were sample sizes, a little really does go a long way.
As far as the quality of the products, I think they are for the most part pretty good quality. My only qualms:
- The scrub was way too abrasive. The size of the granules in the scrub were too large. Scrubs should have small particles so that the skin is in no way damaged or torn.
- The scents were kind of blah for me. I really love fruity scents and a few nutty scents. The antioxidant cream was a little medicinal smelling for my taste and the other two were very earthy.
Because of the harshness of the scrub and the scents, I don’t think the Spa Sampler is worth it’s $30 retail price. I am thinking more like $20/25.
After visiting their online store, I discovered a few other scents: Lavender and Vanilla for ex. However, not much in the way of fruit based scents from essential oils – my faves being Sweet Orange and Lemongrass.
On the flip side of the overly harsh scrub and the scent issue (which is obviously personal preference), these body skin care products are rich and very hydrating to the skin. The Shea Butter and antioxidant cream do a great job at sealing moisture into the skin without leaving it feeling greasy. The antioxidant cream can also be used on the face.
Would I buy it?
Well, if I didn’t have my own line of skin care products that I absolutely adore, yes. I’d purchase the antioxidant cream and the Shea Butter (both rivals to my line) if the manufacturer scented the products with some fruity smelling essential oils.
If you like very earthy type scents, this one’s for you and it will be available in Target mid August.
Let’s Interact: Have you tried Shea Radiance Body Products? What’s your take on them?